Establishing a consistent exercise routine does wonders for our health, but it can be difficult to remain motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s admit it, the act of working out itself is usually not pleasant. We do it mostly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to push through the stress and pain of the actual physical exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, normally by listening to music.
Music not only offers a distraction but also brings about the motivation and stimulation required to maximize effort. You may not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your favorite music and all of a sudden you’re charged and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music straight from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
As an alternative, if you’re in the learning frame of mind, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, developing both your mental and physical health at the same time.
Have a workout partner instead?
Modern hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, target and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to hold a discussion with your partner in a hectic gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are vital gym equipment, but you might be wary of potential damage to the device from perspiration and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dirt and wetness to some degree, there are some accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Consider investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, defending them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to avoid damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – maintaining an extra pair on hand assures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids after your workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little planning, you can securely enjoy all the benefits of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more information about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!